Collaboration brings world’s first Kidzania at the airport to KL
Chan Lik Hoong
Management Advisor of Nobel International School
43, Jalan SS22/41, Damansara Jaya
473xx Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
28th August 2026
Dear Mr Chan,
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OF 'CHAN LIK HOONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT'
We are delighted to propose to you that we plan to unveil the concept of an international airport for the Founder's Run. The proposed "airport" would be the venue where Founder's Run would be held in 2027. As the Founder's Run 2027 would mark a decade since my historic Founder's Run 2017 victory, it would be great if I could share more about this concept.
After my 2017 Founder's Run victory, I begun making my practices for my runs even more interesting. Since there is a school near my house complete with a large tarmac the size of ten basketball courts put together, complete with the main road running next to it, I decided to run in a manner which I would "take off" and "land just like an airplane on a runway. This made my runs even more interesting, and since I like to do gardening, I created a groove that looks like an airport terminal to make it even more exciting. This fuelled my determination to grow my mileage and make myself into the marathon runner I am today.
The 2026 Founder's Run, which was held at Putrajaya Wetlands Park, took place at the Padang Astaka. The road that is located adjacent to the field makes the place look like an airfield with an airport runway. This made me excited and I have tried using this analogy to tell the Bullseye members to sign up for the Founder's Run as it looks like an airport and that the runners can act like as if they were taking off and landing like airplanes. It would have had been a cool idea and would have attracted more people from Bullseye to sign up for the run. The airport concept can be used at other Founder's Run venues in the future.
I would also like to add that it was Mr Mukadyil Koshy Thomas, my ex English teacher who had retired in 2021, had suggested that the 'airport' be named as the Chan Lik Hoong International Airport and that the idea to name the 'airport' came from him. The main intention of doing so was to honor your contributions and values that you have taught students that walked through the classrooms during your 50 years as an educator. Your passion for educating the students the subjects of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and general Science has prompted great interest from students in the lessons that you have taught and the values that you have shared, from your time in SMK Tunku Kurshiah in Negeri Sembilan in the 1980s to Nobel International School today. You have taught me servant leadership during the Leadership Camp in 2017, and how we should serve the community by putting the community first in servant leadership. You also told us to be humble, and that we should serve using our God-given abilities. At the same time, Mr Thomas has also said that you are also a sports enthusiast and likes running and jogging. He has commended you for your fitness and discipline in physical exercise. Hence, I would like to convey his request to you, for which his phone is out of order and that he has errands to do. Mr Thomas has been discussing a lot of things with me and had gotten interested in supporting Bullseye in its bid for greatness. Mr Thomas has a lot of ideas for Bullseye and is looking forward to a Bullseye victory. He has talked to me about how great you were and how you continued to be very enthusiastic in motivating us students to do our best. Mr Thomas had also suggested a lot of ideas as to how the school can be improved and I am glad that you have taken steps to make Nobel better by accepting all the ideas. Praise be to the Lord for allowing Nobel to achieve these ideas.
I would like to express my thanks to you for reading this letter and being a dedicated educator, and also to the management team for facilitating the delivery of this letter. I would like to send my regards to you and your wife and to congratulate you on the 45 years of God's blessings of your wedding anniversary. Mr Thomas and I look forward to receiving your thoughts on the international airport and what are your suggestions on the matter. We look forward to continued relations between us and the school. Thank you for reading this letter once again and may God bless everyone in Nobel.
Yours sincerely,
Lau Wei Yiang
- Zetrix AI plunges 50% in heavy trade, top official says no issue at company
- Gamuda lands another RM3.57 bil in hyperscale data centre jobs in Port Dickson
- Saravanan says court charges are 'wild accusations', 'not the way to bring him down'
- CIMB 2Q earnings rise, declares 19.65 sen dividend
- Spritzer climbs to record high after strong 2Q results
Level 3, Menara KLK, 1 Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Copyright © 1999-2026 The Edge Communications Sdn. Bhd. 199301012242 (266980-X). All rights reserved
No comments:
Post a Comment